Search This Blog

Friday, June 7, 2013

Psoriasis on the Eyelid

06.07.13 Arrow locating the suspected psoriasis on the inner corner of my right eye.

I have had facial psoriasis before that would last for two weeks or a month.  Psoriasis plaques can be found on the left side of my nasal bridge and on the upper right eyebrow.  But they have now disappeared.  However, for the past week, I have noticed this uncomfortable sight!  No.  It is not a stye.  My webcam cannot capture images in high quality, so this is the best I can do.

As of now, it is slightly inflamed but not noticeable when I open my eye.  It is irritated because I washed and picked on it.  I "peeled" the "crust" yesterday, too.  I know for sure it is a small psoriasis or eczema scale.  And not the one below...

Google image of  a sty or stye
...but mine is similar to this...
Psoriasis image from Inspire.com, a National Psoriasis Foundation forum
Here is a list of some helpful websites regarding facial psoriasis.  Feel free to peruse.

1.  http://www.psoriasis.org/about-psoriasis/specific-locations/face
The link discusses a broad range of facial psoriasis including the ears.  I have ear psoriasis and is nonetheless an embarrassing situation.

I maintain my ears by using a washcloth with soap and exfoliating the surface.  With a cotton swab, I apply baby oil gel.  I use Debrox as prescribed by the doctor only as needed. 

2.  http://psoriasis.about.com/lw/Health-Medicine/Conditions-and-diseases/All-About-Facial-Psoriasis.htm

Solution:
1.  Talk to your doctor
2.  Clean the affected area by exfoliating lightly
3.  Moisturize the area with hypoallergenic product for sensitive skin.
4.  Apply ointments carefully.  Use clean cotton swabs.
5.  Maintain daily
6.  AND NEVER EVER PICK/SCRATCH/PEEL! (I am shameful for doing this, but I will stop)

Relax, and think positive thoughts.  ALWAYS.
Go out in the sun when you can!
Don't forget to wear sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment