Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

Positively Psoulful

At 18, I was on top of the world.  I was a recent high school graduate with a two-year scholarship at a community college taking 18 credit hours of classes per semester along with a part-time job, and a principal role at a collegiate level.  I was loving life.  Motivated, driven, and determined.

After my trip to the Philippines in 2006, I developed minor dry scalp.  My mood had changed upon entering junior year.  I was stressed with scholarship applications, college decisions, ACT exam, projects, teachers, Orchesis...the dry scalp did not hinder me from achieving my goals.  Even when I entered college, I was still moody yet reluctant to slow down, until I developed low tolerance to psoriasis.  With psoriasis, I noticed a series of deficiencies.  I was insecure and self-loathing.  I was at the pinnacle of my life one year, and the next, I was at a pitiful grave.  Finally, after months of self-diagnosing and unsuccessful attempts of self-healing, I realized I had to do something to escape the dark, and lonely place I dug myself.  In 2009, I was clinically diagnosed with guttate psoriasis, a chronic autoimmune disease that damage the joints and skin.

I know there is a stark difference between now and the past.  I look for ways to make myself feel better everyday, and I have such a strong network of support from family and friends.  I hope you can find that space in your mind and heart that you are beautiful/handsome and that you are valuable and loved.  Peace .<

08.12.13


No comments:

Post a Comment